Feel free to agree or disagree.
I been gambling since 2009, my personal rules on sports gambling:
1. Money management. Bet less than 4% of your total current bankroll per bet. Be discipline.
2. Be a strategic gambler by picking your spots and wait for the right opportunity. Never be a compulsive gambler by betting because it's your favorite team or for the action.
3. Stay emotionless all the time. Bet like a robot. There's no place for emotions in this profession. Be unbiased.
4. Do your research by watching game footage, use trends and statistics on division rivals only.
5. Never bet on heavily juiced/vig lines. Like a line at -1000 for example.
6. Never bet on heavily valued lines. Like a terrible team at 100 to 1 odds to win championship.
7. Parlays should be no longer than 2 teams, the bigger the parlay is, the bigger the House Edge. Research and Secure your first pick before moving on to your second pick.
8. Teasers should never pass through the zero.
9. Teams with home field/court advantage tend to win games. Sportsbooks know this and favorites the home team.
"Whoever is first in the field and awaits the coming of the enemy, will be fresh for the fight;
whoever is second in the field and has to hasten to battle will arrive exhausted." -Sun Tzu, the Art of War
10. Never bet on double digit road favorites. You will lose in the long run.
11. Never bet on preseason games on any sport. Predicting a 2nd string and 3rd string team is stupid because of the lack of game footage on mostly unknown players.
12. If you are extremely compulsive, arrogant, drunk and biased. The best advice is to "Don't Gamble".
13. Learn from your mistakes. Most gamblers don't learn from their mistakes. That's why I made these gambling rules.
Just throwing this out there.
Do you have an edge at sports betting?
NFL half-point value calculation
Understanding teaser bets
Moneyline parlays on big favorites
Knowing where public money is moving is also useful:
1. Bet on sports that you are good at, don't bet on sports you are bad at.
2. Bankroll management. You should only be betting 1% to 10% of your total bankroll.
3. Never bet on heavily juiced lines. Like a line at -1000 for example.
4. Never bet on heavily valued lines. Like a terrible team at 100 to 1 odds to win championship.
5. Teams with home field advantage tend to win games, especially in football.
6. Be a strategic gambler by picking your spots and wait for the right opportunity. Never be an impulsive gambler by betting for the action or just because it's your favorite team.
7. Stay emotionless all the time. Bet like a robot. There's no place for emotions in this profession.
8. Parlays should be no longer than 2 teams. Secure your first pick before moving on to your second pick.
9. Teasers should never pass through the zero.
If you are extremely impulsive and egotistical. The best advice is to "Don't Gamble".
NY Giants 24, Patriots 20
Ahmad Bradshaw - Questionable foot
Hakeem Nicks - Questionable hamstring
Giants ML looks like a good play based on this info.