Freaks Whackjobs Pathological liars Crusty Covers Veterans New Fresh Meat
Welcome to another season of MEGALOCKS - Where we make the impossible - possible.
Seriously - looking forward to another great season. Hoping we can find some winners - enjoy some laughs - and to be kind to our fellow posters
the partial MEGALOCKS Manifesto.....particularly for those who are new
1. Our primary focus is providing brief analysis and write-ups on as many games as possible....Will provide selections as well - but if you just want picks - there are lots of guys on here that do a great job so focus on their threads. While our success rate has always been very good you are never far away from getting humbled.
2. Given #1 above - Because we provide our research and analysis and thought process surrounding games - you can either follow it and make a bet - take it as information only - or go the opposite way of what we think if you disagree with the analysis provided. WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE HARD HITTING ANALYSIS WITH OVERUSE OF CAPITAL LETTERS AND EMOTICONS WHILE INFUSING A DASH OF HUMOR
3. Discussion always welcome !
4. We do not post lines from make-believe land. We post as soon as we wager (within reason) and will use a line from at least one reputable book. Do not see the point in posting a line nobody can get. Or worse - a line that never existed anywhere in the solar system. Minor exception - when we post our EARLY TASTERS on Sundays you better be at your betting screens because those puppies move fast.
5. Our staff works hard for you. They search the globe for every possible nugget of information to help you with your handicapping. Our senior correspondents Hot Carl, Chuck Buckley and John Cocktoastin are hard at work 23.5 hours a day.
GL to everyone this year. Should be a lot of fun once again !
Sorry - first game of the entire season since wk 1 no write-up on the game - running out of time ....But let's be serious - at this point it does not matter....You guys have all made up your mind.
For the record
GL ......and once again Happy New Yr to all
HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody Sincere best wishes for a healthy and happy 2015.
0-1 yesterday. 6-4 bowls.
Much like yesterday when a lot of sharp guys had the GT game nailed and we #shitthebedbigtime.....We see a lot of very smart cappers going the opposite way of us again ....Read away....fade away if necessary.....GL to all !
Michigan St +3 -127
mega line pk em
sagarin pk em
1. We think there is some perceived value getting 2.5/3 points.
2. Both teams on paper played similar schedules in terms of difficulty - Mich St ranked 59....Baylor 64......Mich St lost to two teams in the 4 team playoff - Baylor lost one game and that was to a team that showed how good they are yesterday......The one thing we will note is that Mich St had problems vs excellent mobile QBs - and while Petty is good - Mich St should not have to worry too much about excellent mobility and that is a huge factor IMO.
3. Mich St has the better D; and while Baylor will move the ball no doubt about that - what about Mich St vs Baylor D? Mich St has the best offense in recent memory - excellent QB play and very good running game.
4. Baylor very good in turnover margin....but Mich St is ranked #1 do not think Mich St will be giving them anything for free. 6 int for cook all yr.
5. Baylor #124 penalty yds - You do not wanna give Mich St any free yards or takeaway big plays of your own in a game like this.
6. Mich St #1 in time of possession.....Seeing as anyone with an offensive pulse moved the ball on Baylor - this could be a frustrating game for them.
7. Mich St 3-0 last 3 bowl games - all outright wins as dogs.
GL guys ....totally get it that Baylor could truck them. Gonna give Sparty a shot.
Best wishes for 2015 for all our dedicated subscribers
Thanks for all the banter and discussion during 2014. It is much appreciated.
So far good start to the bowls 6-3; ND burned me yesterday what an impressive showing by those guys and we were a bit worried about the unknown QB and coaching prowess of Kelly. A job well done and ND fans should be looking forward to the future with that guy at QB in my early estimation. We still love ourselves some LSU tho can't wait to see Fournette dominate next yr.
Today ? Will have 2 leans and one #steamlockpounder
Looked at this game for a while last night. On the one hand - you have the team that has scored 30+ points in EVERY game this yr - say what you want - that is impressive - AND they have a chip on their shoulder (maybe?) to prove they should have been in the 4 team playoff.....On the other hand - you have the #1 scoring D in the NCAA - not as impressive later in the yr - but they are still a force....And they go against a TCU team that has not faced a D near this caliber yet....AND the Big12 has #shitthebedbigtime so far in bowl games - which may mean squat - but it surely has to make you wonder just a bit.
So what do we do? Well as you know with our annoying 2 page write-ups - we put down our thoughts and try to come up with something - or at the very least - help the young Sparkies out there make a decision on their picks. For our money - just too much uncertainty to put a full unit on this one so just going with a lean on this one.
lean - TCU team total under 30.5 (Bet 365)..........We see mostly 29/29.5 out there - Bet 365 actually has 30.5 and 24.5 with a spread of TCU -3.5.
Now this is no gimme - like we said TCU has scored 30 in every game this yr. But Ole Miss has only given up 14ish/game so think TCU may be in for a bit of culture shock in this yr. Then again - maybe not. Just an action play on this one.....Ole Miss did give up 35 to Auburn - probably similar in explosiveness to TCU.....gave up 30 to Arkansas (turned it over 6 times tho)....over 440Y to Miss St......Gonna just hope for a good game and hope that the Ole Miss D shows up with a chip on THEIR shoulder with something to prove as an underdog in this one and with Ole Miss missing some weapons on offense.
GL to all....mega
Had some awesome family time now ready to continue our bowl game domination with the overuse of CAPITAL LETTERS....FALSE CLAIMS.....LOOSE WOMEN.....GOAT PORN....and INDUSTRY LEADING RESEARCH....
Today's games will be up within a couple hours.
Hope everyone is doing well