Some fade material here. I've been brutal at MLB so I'm just going to try something different and post my picks for anyone interested.
Record of posted plays: 0-0
1. Giants ML -132 (POD). Pretty square play with Giants on a 7 game win streak and Lincecum on the mound. Total ownage of the Cubs yesterday. 2 units.
2. Pirates ML +161. Some value here as Pirates have been pretty good on the road. Maholm has been solid, 5 runs in his last 4 starts. Jays offense has been up and down. Hopefully it's a down day. 1 unit
3. Yankees RL +138. Brewers might be in tough as Marcum has been nursing an injured hip. They will be keeping tabs on Marcum and the BP might be called into action very early in this one. Yanks bats will be feasting if this happens. 1 unit.
Leans: White Sox ML +141. Buehrle a stud in interleague action, 10-0 in last 14 starts.
Week 8 shaping up to be a real freak-fest. Tough day so far if you bet OVERs. Watching the GB-Jets game. 3 quarters and only 3 points to show for it. Brutal. Luckily I only laid 1 unit on the play...could have been a lot worse.
Will try to salvage the day with picks for the late games:
Tennessee (ML +210) @ San Diego
Tampa Bay (+3) @ Arizona
Pittsburgh (ML +118) @ New Orleans
Thoughts, comments, opinions welcomed. Thanks.
GL to everyone.
Getting in on the action late today due to Thanksgiving long weekend up here in Canada.
My picks for the later games today:
New Orleans @ Arizona (+7)
San Diego (-7) @ Oakland
Tennessee (+6.5) @ Dallas
Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians here, and Good luck to everyone!
YTD - 1-2-0
1. Anaheim @ Nashville (Under 5.5) - I think Hiller and Rinne can hold the fort for their respective teams. I really like Rinne and what he brought to the Predators last season. Ducks held scoreless against the Wings on Friday, and I hope some of their scorers like Getzlaf and Selanne, remain ineffective.
2. Detroit @ Chicago (Over 5.5) - An Original 6 matchup...love this rivalry. This will be a good game. It will be fun to watch the firepower on both teams go to town on each other. Love both powerplay units for both teams, and hopefully both powerplays will be effective Saturday.
3. Montreal @ Pittsburgh (Over 5.5) - With the return of Cammelleri, it may give the Canadiens the boost it needs to score some goals. Im still not completely sold on Price. Not sure if Crosby and Malkin will remain off the scoresheet a second night, but if they ever decide to bring it, Price could be in for a long night.
Good luck to everyone!