Posted Monday, June 18, 2012 11:49 AM
originally posted in the MLB forum but it quickly got moved to the bottom as everyone is searching for picks....
I am looking for a results database to check on something that I have been doing lately.
Here it goes, I have played every play Run line or alternate run line (even picks and dogs, I never play any fave greater than -150). It has been doing well of late, but I want to see how it has done over the last 3 years. With 2400 games a years I am still calculating a good sample size for now I just want to see how this will have played out over the last 3 seasons ceratinly 7200 will not be the desired sample in the end.
I noticed that all my favorite plays were either winning by 2 or more or losing outright, as were my dog plays. occasionally I have been bitten by this (thanks blowjays on saturday) but for the most part I have reduced my losses and seen a better ROI on my wins.
Any sites you know of let me know.
Posted Sunday, December 19, 2010 10:44 AM
Over the years of working in bars, I have had several bookies that have become regular guests and friends. As I look back some of the situational plays that they have suggested to me (to play with other books of course) have become some of my strongest plays year after year. I figured what the hell I might as well throw them all together in the forum and if you guys have heard any strong situations as well, feel free to throw them in here.
1. NBA, play on home dogs of exactly 2.5 points, this one did me well last night with the Nuggets.
2. NCAA BB Play on unranked home teams favored over ranked visiting teams.
3. NBA Play AGAINST road teams that won SU the previous game in night 1 of a back to back AND the home team was off the previous night, single unit version.
4. same as above but 2 units when the road team is favored again, again thats a play on the home team.
5. same again, this time 3 units if the road team is a DD favorite, this did not work out well the last time it happened (sac vs. Miami)
6. NCAAF Fade ALL former southwest conference teams in bowl games.
7. Play 2nd half under in NFL games that have exactly 17 points scored in the first half. (this has been posted in covers before)
8. NFL and NCAAF play against all home teams favored by less than 2.5 points or less.
9. NFL play home dogs in prime time games (duh)
10. All sports, 2nd half, when the 2nd half total + first half score&... [More]
Posted Wednesday, June 10, 2009 07:56 PM
no chance this game goes, I live close to the ballpark and there is a major storm, there is no way that they play this tonight.
If they do it will be a major delay
currently listening to the tornado horns blazing
Posted Monday, May 18, 2009 10:45 PM
didnt have any action on this, just curious.
How did florida/snakes game get graded for no score first innning, do you get your money back since the game was never official?
Posted Friday, November 14, 2008 01:40 PM
So in the last 5 days my local has cost me A LOT of money, i dont like to talk figures but for me at least, its a lot.
First he wouldnt let me have Carolina on sunday against the Raiders, it was a late cover but a winner none the less.
Then last night he would not let me play Buffalo or the over, he asked me in a bewildered voice "where the hell do those schools even play?". This was more insulting than anythng as I knew that he was well aware of who these schools were, he simply didnt want to take my action on the Over which was my bigger bet.
SO, I ask you. Do I have the grounds to be irritated or is it simply his right as a book to limit action? So far it has cost me some serious coin. In addition this guy changes the lines for people I know after I call my plays in because he knows we usually have similar cards. I need another local here in Dallas I know, but I am comfortable with this guy cause I know he pays out when you win
Posted Saturday, June 07, 2008 11:42 PM
The Sox do a great job of hitting the lefties, tomorrow will be no different. Sox are hot and Seattle is coming apart at the seems with the second highest payroll in the league. And I love the angle of playing against a team that has never faced a pitcher before.
This game has all the makings of a great baseball bet
Better pitcher - Check
Home team - Check
Better hitting team - Check
Better Bullpen (Home vs Road) - Check
Fading a bad team - Check
Fading a slumping pitcher - Check
NOT PAYING TOO MUCH - Big Check
I would not mind taking this RL, but at this low price, it is not needed.