Shields @ Dickey -120
- The Blue Jays have won 9 straight, KC has lost 7 of 9.
- James Shields is a good pitcher, and has been throughout his career, but Jose Bautista is 9 for 21/ 4HR, and Adam Lind is 13 for 51/ 5 HR against Shields. Lind is hitting .381/1.093 in 61 AB against RHP.
- TOR has the better bull pen over the last 5 (2.25/4.70.)
- Dickey has tossed 7 straight quality starts and is coming off an 8 IP, 5H, 2ER against Oakland.
- KC has hit .237, and scored 2.96 R/9 against RHP in their last 5.
- Steve Tolleson is hitting.375 at home, and leads the list of six Blue Jays not named Jose Bautista, who crack the top 50 in OPS-last 7 (Tolleson, Lind, Encarnacion, Pillar, Reyes, and Fransisco.)
- The OVER is 23-16 in Philly games, and 28-14 in Miami games.
- Eovaldi has a 6.06 ERA in his last three starts, and LHB have hit him better than RHB (.276/.231.) That should be good news for Rollins (homered in two straight,) Asche (7 for last 15 with 6 RBI,) and Howard, whose splits are better v/R (.252/.217,) and on the road (.278/.194.) Ruiz is 5 for 14 against Eovaldi.
- Kyle Kendrick is the 5th worst pitcher on the board against RHB (.292/.744/4.71.)
- MIA 1B Garret Jones is 11 for 24 with 1 HR and 6 RBI in his last 6 games, and prefers a RHP (.295/.205.) In his career he’s 4 for 12 with a homer against Kendrick. Casey McGhee prefers righties (.331/.152) and to be at home (.365/.227.) Giancarlo Stanton continues his MVP bid and prefers to be at home as well (.341/.284.)
BAL +100 @ PIT
- Wandy Rodriguez has a 6.84 ERA, and is the 3rd worst pitcher on the board this evening against RHB (.255/.780 OPS/4.57ERA in 290 PA.) Adam Jones is crushing LHP (.424/.236 v/R,) and is hitting .320 on the road. He’s 4 for 9 with 4 RBI in his last two games. Nelson Cruz also has favorable splits vs. LHP (.359/.246) and on the road (.313/.217.) JJ Hardy is a terrible baseball player, but is 6 for 23 with 2 HR against Wand-Rod.
- Chris Davis hit 3 HR last night and could be heating up a BAL team that has scored 15 runs in their last two, after scoring 2 or less in five of the previous seven.
- L 5 Pen ERA favors BAL (2.35/4.97,) as does L 5 SP ERA (2.48/6.14)
- C. Tillman has allowed only 6 ER over his last three starts, and is coming off a complete game domination of the Royals. He’s holding righties to .224/.681, which could offset McCutchen, and Marte, who has been hot recently.
Seattle +117@ Texas
- RHB (.225) could struggle against Tepesch, but his home/road split scares me (.303, .851 OPS, and 5.02 ERA in last 9 home starts.)His .295/.816/5.68 vs. LHB is second worst of any pitcher on the board tonight, and the Mariners have some decent LHB. Cano is 16 for 35 over his last 9 games and home runs may be easier to come by in road parks such as the one in Arlington. Smoak hits .281 on the road and .172 at home. Michael Saunders hits .304 on the road and 0.95 at home, he’s 7 for 16. With 5 RBI in his last 4 games, and he’s priced nicely Draft Street at $4,545.
- Seattle is 14-12 on the road, and 8-10 at home.
- The Mariner’s Pen hasn’t given up a run in their last 5 games.
- Chris Young has a 1.80 ERA in 15 daytime innings this year.
- Texas has zero players in the top 50 of OPS over the last 7 days